Thanks to President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, commercial and general aviation airports across Florida will receive a total of $1.2 billion in federal funding over the next five years.
In 2022, alone major Florida commercial airports will receive the following financing.
- $21,711,252 for Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- $42,461,693 for Miami International Airport (MIA)
- $44,055,710 for Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- $9,003,324 for Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- $32,783,431 for Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- $4,841,447 for Pensacola International Airport (PNS)
- $11,418,430 for Southwest Florida International (RSW)
For a state so dependent on tourism, this is a big deal and a big W for Florida. Now let’s see if this will have any impact on the voters.